According to our buddies at Caltech and JPL, Mars Curiosity has made a huge Mars discovery that "is gonna be one for the history books," according to a report to NPR by chief scientist John Grotzinger. SPACE.com has the full report on the big discovery that everyone is talking about, but no one is quite sure what it is as of yet.
Can you guess what this big find is? Here are some of mine:
- Curiosity discovered Tupac and Ian Curtis hanging out, together, by the Martian DoubleTree Hilton pool and trading pop music war stories;
- Curiosity found that Viking 1 and Viking 2 made Viking love and had many Viking babies, who are now around my age (34 – 35);
- Curiosity discovered that John Young had somehow visited Mars on the sly during the 1970s when no one was looking, bringing his number of spaceflights to seven (or eight, depending on if you count him lifting off from the Moon as a "spaceflight");
- Curiosity found that lakes on Mars actually contained Pepsi; or
- Curiosity located the cast of Lost in Gale Crater, thus ending the extreme confusion over the show's hasty ending.
Do you have any guesses as to what Curiosity discovered on Mars? Leave them in the comments.