Friday, December 9, 2011

Titusville, Florida: Where the Road Led


Welcome to Titusville from Ride5 Films on Vimeo.


This film, by Ride5 Films, shows a few of the many people impacted by the end of the shuttle program this past July. It's a beautiful, emotionally touching film for those of use who love Florida's Space City. I've been there countless times this year for various launches and I've had the honor of meeting many great folks who worked at NASA before the layoffs. 


Also, I can't recommend the Space Walk of Fame Museum enough to those obsessed with vintage space travel. They now have a blog, which looks awesome. It's one of the coolest space museums in the U.S., and I know, because I've seen all of them; their collection of photos, memorabilia and artifacts easily rivals the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum. If you're in town, please, swing by Titusville to enjoy vintage space excitement.